Colony Cove is within the city limits of the City of Ketchum, which has certain ordinances and regulations. In addition to these ordinances, the following is a list of policy points we ask that you keep in mind in consideration for everyone who lives in Colony Cove. These policies have been approved by the board and put into place over the years. Please make sure your family and all guests understand these policies.
Parking: Please park your vehicles only in your driveway or paved parking spaces. No vehicles are to be parked past the end of driveways, on the streets, or lawns at any time. There are sprinkler heads in these areas that are easily broken by vehicle and trailer tires. There is adequate common parking without resorting to parking on the grass.
No trailers may be parked in or on non-private common areas - non-private common areas are grass and all street or other parking area that is NOT part of your concrete driveway (your concrete driveway is a private common area). Trailers may not be kept in your driveway for longer than a weekend. If they will not fit in your garage, then you will need to make arrangements to park them somewhere so they do not interfere with traffic or vehicle parking.
Trash: Please follow our basic housekeeping rules to maintain a clean trash area:
- Trash is for RESIDENTS'.personal trash only. No construction dumping or outside dumping is allowed. Ketchum has an ordinance to enforce illegal dumping that could result in a fine of over $200.
- Household trash should be placed in tied trash bags. Do not place any trash on the ground. All trash must be inside containers provided and not piled on top of the lids. No loose trash should be placed above the rim of the containers as it will likely fall on the ground. Dumpster lids should always be closed due to scavenger animals.
- All large boxes must be broken down and placed in the containers provided
- No appliances and housewares of any kind, including grills, furniture, cabinets, etc may be placed in the containers or on the ground. No large pieces of wood or broken down furniture or cabinets may be placed in the trash area. Nothing should ever be placed on the ground - all trash must be placed into the trash bins.
- Do not dump ANY hazardous materials including paint, chemicals, oil, etc - this is against the law and will cost us money - any fines will be levied on the homeowner responsible
- No business trash is allowed
Pools: Our pool is a great asset to Colony Cove. We ask that you observe the following:
- Pool hours are from 8:00 AM until 10:00 PM. We often treat the pool with strong chemicals after closing - do not use the pool after 10:00 PM as it may be dangerous.
- Children under the age of ten are not permitted to use the pool unless accompanied by an adult. THERE IS NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY.
- Pets are not permitted in the pool area at any time. Animal waste may cause the pool to be closed.
- The infinity wall is an attractive part of our pool but should never be used as a place to sit or walk at any time for any reason.
- The lower pool is restricted and should never be used as a wading pool. Toys that blow into the lower pool should only be retrieved by the net or hook that can be found on the main fence pool.
- Glass containers are prohibited. If glass breaks in the pool area, we must close the pool, drain and clean it, and have it inspected before reopening - very expensive.
- Please remember this is a FAMILY pool and as such we ask that you talk and act accordingly.
Pets: Pets must be kept on a leash or within control by its owner at all times. Owners should clean-up after their pets. Please do not allow your pets to run free.
Golf Carts: Please drive golf carts/motorcycles/electric scooters at a safe speed and carry only the number of seated occupants for which the vehicle is designed. The City of Ketchum prescribes that children under the age of 16 should not be allowed to drive golf carts/motorcycles.
Fireworks: The City of Ketchum prohibits fireworks at all times. This is enforced by the Craig County Sheriff and could result in a fine.
Noise: The City of Ketchum has a noise ordinance that takes effect at 10PM.
- Ketchum does not have police but has a contract with Craig County Sheriff who has one deputy assigned to Ketchum area full time. Daytime phone is 918-256-6466, night is 918-256-6414.
- It is unlawful to discharge a firearm, including an air rifle or bb gun, in city limits
Docks: The docks are private property owned by Waterfront Development. Unless you rent a slip from them you are not allowed on the docks. Further, boats are private property of each boat owner and you should never be on someone else’s boat. For information on slip rental, click on the Contact link.
Colony Cove HOA Board of Directors